Saturday, April 6, 2013

March 1941, End

Mar. 29
Sat - Got up & moped all day. Did bake two pies for tomorrow - for company. -- Got word that dear uncle Carl Rudolph passed away today. It just makes me heartsick
We loved him so much.

Mar. 30
Sun - Joes dad & Mary here. Had ham loaf - pea salad - scalloped potatoes - green beans & peach pie. After dinner we went to the park & old mill. Made ice cream in the evening, & played cards.

Mar. 31
Mon - Had mom & Snooky for dinner, to help eat up leftovers. Feel awful. Went down to moms for the evening. Joe didn't come & I walked the floor. At 2:20 Snooky & I walked up home & found him in bed. Had been since 11:30 Grrrrrrr!
Rev. Strawmeyer called to see how I was.

Now I'm curious about Carl Rudolph since this is the first I've heard about him outside of being a name in the family tree.

Joe was not Mr. Sensitive and that is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment